Exciting news…Kris’ Hot Yoga and Coach Loran partner-up for Wednesday Night Running Barre extravaganza…Class begins June 5, 2013 at 5:30pm. New to running? Experienced runner? Want to learn the three keys to better running? Posture, position, and cadence are the “Big 3″ to make your running more enjoyable. But that’s not all, combine 20-30 minutes of good running form with 20-30 minutes of amazing HOT BARRE that only Kris’ Hot Yoga offers to get a one-of-a kind workout in Des Moines. Temps will be anywhere from 85-95 degrees, both inside and outside…You’ll not only be sweatin’ but you’ll be smokin’ hot after these workouts! All levels of runners are welcome. This 50 minute class will always end with a 10 minute value-added conversation on nutrition, shoes, summer hydration, and more.
We have some great classes planned over the next couple of months. Check out the topics and dates below then CLICK HERE to register!
April 3rd- Super foods and Stress
April 18th- Nutritional supplements for Basic needs
May 1st- School/Summer lunches
May 16th- Recipe Recreation
May 30th – Preparation and Meal planning
All classes are 5:00-6:00 p.m.
Location: West Lakes Condominiums – 1770 92nd street, West Des Moines 50266
Take university heading to Waukee- Turn Left on Boone Dr. corner of Jethros and Caseys-
The Condominiums are on your right- there is a club house at your second right- There is parking there- classes will be held in the club house.
There are still some spaces available for the Nutrition and Healthy home services. Check out the Nutrition tab or CLICK HERE for more information.
Have an awesome day!
There is still room to join our swim clinic! Sign up today, CLICK HERE
When: Saturday, March 30th
Where: Dowling High School Pool
Why: Learn proper swim technique, swim drills, and open water swim tips.
Cost: $40 per person (please bring to clinic made out to IronWorks)
Our next Nutrition Class is just around the corner. Join us on Monday, March 25th from 5:00pm to 6:00pm as we shop the perimeter. Coach Leah will show us good, better, and best options when it comes to pre/post race and day to day training along with basic meal planning.
When: Monday, March 25th
Time: 5:00pm to 6:00pm
Where: Dahl’s Grocery Store 15500 Hickman Road, Clive
Cost: $5 per person
R.S.V.P. as space is limited! CLICK HERE
- Held at Dowling High School pool.
- Two sessions, 2-4pm, and 4-6pm.
- Cost is $40 per person.
- We will work on stroke technique and open-water swim drills.
- Limited to 24 people per session, we will have 6 (yes, six) coaches on the pool deck to help so that is a 4:1 ratio of swimmers to coaches.
- Audience is new swimmers to high-intermediate, you will be in lanes by ability so no worries about being too slow or too new.
- Please RSVP by Clicking Here
Due to a schedule conflict, the Nutrition Class will be Thursday, March 7th
In my world, a day doesn’t pass without a question about nutrition being asked. Whether you are looking to become more fit, lose weight, or gain weight, there is one thing that is consistent; 30% of your results will come from exercise and 70% comes from nutrition. What is a good source of carbs, fats, proteins? How do you tell if a food is a whole food? The first “muscle” to suffer when you haven’t eaten is? Why is Fat an important component of your diet? Besides Dairy- what is another great calcium source? Don’t know? You are not alone!
If you would like your questions answered about general nutrition, sports nutrition, nutrition for young athletes, pre-game & post-game nutrition…or any other question you may have, then join Coach Loran and Coach Leah (see information below) for a nutritional class on Thursday, March 7th. Our nutritional session will be held from 5-6pm at the Waukee Public Library.
- What? Nutritional series for parents and children. Our focus will be on nutrition for young athletes but in doing so will also teach parents a great deal of information. First session will include a nutritional knowledge assessment to determine future series topics.
- When? Second session is scheduled for 5-6pm on Thursday, March 7th at Waukee Public Library located at 950 Warrior Lane in Waukee.
- Why? Gain valuable information to help you and your family succeed.
- How much? Minimal, $5 per person to cover food costs as we will be serving some yummy snacks.
- What else? Please RSVP as space is limited to the first 40 respondents.
More about Coach Leah Newman…. Mother of 3 young boys, Runner of every distance from 1-100 miles, Life Coach, Exercise Programmer, Nutritionalist….. She is passionate about helping people of all ages discover their personal best. She does this by combining the science of both nutrition and exercise with practical life applications. When you are physically, emotionally, and nutritionally “FIT” you are capable of more than you ever thought possible.
Leah has her Masters in Exercise Science/Sports Nutrition from University of Northern Iowa. She is also certified life coach, proud member of the NSCA & ACE, certified Newton Natural Running coach, and TRX certified.