Due to a schedule conflict, the Nutrition Class will be Thursday, March 7th
In my world, a day doesn’t pass without a question about nutrition being asked. Whether you are looking to become more fit, lose weight, or gain weight, there is one thing that is consistent; 30% of your results will come from exercise and 70% comes from nutrition. What is a good source of carbs, fats, proteins? How do you tell if a food is a whole food? The first “muscle” to suffer when you haven’t eaten is? Why is Fat an important component of your diet? Besides Dairy- what is another great calcium source? Don’t know? You are not alone!
If you would like your questions answered about general nutrition, sports nutrition, nutrition for young athletes, pre-game & post-game nutrition…or any other question you may have, then join Coach Loran and Coach Leah (see information below) for a nutritional class on Thursday, March 7th. Our nutritional session will be held from 5-6pm at the Waukee Public Library.
- What? Nutritional series for parents and children. Our focus will be on nutrition for young athletes but in doing so will also teach parents a great deal of information. First session will include a nutritional knowledge assessment to determine future series topics.
- When? Second session is scheduled for 5-6pm on Thursday, March 7th at Waukee Public Library located at 950 Warrior Lane in Waukee.
- Why? Gain valuable information to help you and your family succeed.
- How much? Minimal, $5 per person to cover food costs as we will be serving some yummy snacks.
- What else? Please RSVP as space is limited to the first 40 respondents.
More about Coach Leah Newman…. Mother of 3 young boys, Runner of every distance from 1-100 miles, Life Coach, Exercise Programmer, Nutritionalist….. She is passionate about helping people of all ages discover their personal best. She does this by combining the science of both nutrition and exercise with practical life applications. When you are physically, emotionally, and nutritionally “FIT” you are capable of more than you ever thought possible.
Leah has her Masters in Exercise Science/Sports Nutrition from University of Northern Iowa. She is also certified life coach, proud member of the NSCA & ACE, certified Newton Natural Running coach, and TRX certified.